If you’re looking for a career within Ede Homes, then please get in touch. The majority of our staff have been with us for at least twenty years, which says something about our team and how we work together.
The personal and professional development of all our employees means we can continue to grow the business and create beautifully crafted homes our team are proud of.
Details of all of our current vacancies and how to apply will be displayed here so please do check regularly for updates.
We are hiring a Maintenance and Handy worker to join our maintenance team at Ede Homes. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
• Perform tasks including painting and decorating
• Conduct performance assessments of company appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves and ovens.
• Minor plumbing and carpentry.
• Flooring repair and upkeep.
• Shifting furniture or equipment.
• Assembling furniture or equipment.
• Reseal bathrooms and kitchens.
• Detect and report the need for minor and major maintenance repairs.
• Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks.
• Regularly check communal spaces to identify issues.
• Clearing gutters alongside other members of the team.
• Roof repairs alongside other members of the team.
• Small scale window repairs and replacement alongside other members of the team.
• Respond to clients’ maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide clients’ with support and guidance on maintaining their equipment.
• Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks of company premises.
• Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
• Rewiring, changing fuses, junction boxes etc. Not essential.
• Changing filters on Ventilation systems. Not essential.
• Maintaining property exterior through the different seasons.
• Conducting inspections of premises and equipment as and when requested.
• Performing preventative maintenance.
• Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
• Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
• Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
• Maintain, service, clean and properly store equipment.
• Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm).
• Inspect and repair all damages to building surfaces.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
• Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems.
• Perform other related duties and activities as required.
• Report any issues back to your manager/s.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Ede Homes are looking to recruit an outstanding Executive Assistant to directly support the Managing Director.
The role of Executive Assistant will be very varied with a great level of autonomy to really make the role your own, therefore it would be suited to an ambitious, creative and flexible candidate.
As Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for the day to day administrative and operational support to the Managing Director. This will range from responding to emails, to writing minutes but also acting as the point of contact for many of the firm’s key stakeholders.
The successful Executive Assistant will therefore have very strong literacy and organisational skills, combined with a strong level of gravitas to lead conversations both internally and externally. Having said that, personality is so key for this role; they are really looking for a candidate that can combine excellent work with a good sense of humour.
The past successful post holder has moved to another part of the business therefore there will certainly be a handover and support period for the successful candidate. For this reason our client would be very open to recruiting a high performing Personal Assistant who is ambitious to make the step up.
Our client are a well-established property business who have been building well known properties across Oxfordshire to an exceptional standard for more than 60 years.
The business pride themselves on excellence, which extends to their team, who are all very friendly and united in driving the business forward.
The successful candidate will enjoy a lovely working environment with the opportunity to really develop professionally, whilst making a huge impact across the business.
- Well educated with strong literacy skills
- Highly organised and innovative in your approach to work
- A confident and professional communicator at board level
- An eye for detail and strong proof reader
- A team player with strong relationship building skills, and a sense of humour is a must!
- A genuine interest in property would definitely be an advantage
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 (with some flexibility dependant on experience)
Hours: 09:00 – 17:30 (Monday – Friday)
For more information about joining our team
We welcome speculative applications so if you don't see anything suitable listed here - or if we don't have any current opportunities - please do feel free to contact us directly, enclosing a copy of your CV and details of the role you are interested in.