If you’re looking for a career within Ede Homes, then please get in touch. The majority of our staff have been with us for at least twenty years, which says something about our team and how we work together.
The personal and professional development of all our employees means we can continue to grow the business and create beautifully crafted homes our team are proud of.
Details of all of our current vacancies and how to apply will be displayed here so please do check regularly for updates.
We are hiring a Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance team at Ede Homes. You will be required to drive a small tipper truck on a daily basis. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, using various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
. Transporting equipment/machinery between sites.
. Shifting/assembling furniture or equipment.
. Meeting contractors on site to provide access to properties.
· Detect and report the need for minor and major maintenance repairs.
· Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks.
· Clearing gutters alongside other members of the team.
· Roof repairs alongside other members of the team.
· Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks of company premises.
· Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
· Changing filters on Ventilation systems. (Not essential).
· Conducting inspections of premises and equipment as and when requested.
· Performing preventative maintenance.
· Perform other related duties and activities as required.
. Minor garden maintenance (Not essential).
. Meter readings
. Key cutting (Not essential).
· Report any issues back to your manager/s.
. Ability to use common tools, such as hammers, drills, and saws.
. Knowledge of general carpentry and repair (Desirable).
. Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
. Working unsupervised.
. Operating and working in high and confined areas.
. Problem solving skills.
. Customer service skills.
. Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
. Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend or crawl into awkward spaces.
. Physical strength to lift heavy loads.
. Monday – Friday
. £30,166 annual salary
. Company pension scheme.
. 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
. Vehicle provided.
We are hiring a painter/decorator to join our maintenance team at Ede Homes. You will be required to drive a small van on a daily basis. You will attend a variety of sales and rental sites to carry out various decorating tasks. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in painting and decorating, using various paints and finishes, and have excellent time management skills.
- Preparation work before painting and decoration can take place, both internal and external.
- All types of painting and redecoration works including painting with various paints, varnishes and finishes both inside and outside.
- Diagnose where repairs and maintenance are required.
- Identify quantities required to complete each task.
- Carry out planned tasks in accordance with the contract.
- Carry out tasks within agreed time limits.
- Ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation and procedures including health and safety.
- Report to line manager.
- Meet your targets and contribute to those of the team as a whole.
- Contribute towards the smooth running of the team.
- Skills in the preparation of all types of surfaces and painting and decorating using a variety of paints to achieve various specialist finishes.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Working unsupervised.
- Operating and working in high and confined areas.
- Customer service skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- A full driving license.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend or crawl into awkward spaces.
Monday – Friday
Company pension scheme.
25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
For more information about joining our team
We welcome speculative applications so if you don't see anything suitable listed here - or if we don't have any current opportunities - please do feel free to contact us directly, enclosing a copy of your CV and details of the role you are interested in.