If you’re looking for a career within Ede Homes, then please get in touch. The majority of our staff have been with us for at least twenty years, which says something about our team and how we work together.
The personal and professional development of all our employees means we can continue to grow the business and create beautifully crafted homes our team are proud of.
Details of all of our current vacancies and how to apply will be displayed here so please do check regularly for updates.
We are hiring a Maintenance and Handy worker to join our maintenance team at Ede Homes. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
• Perform tasks including painting and decorating
• Conduct performance assessments of company appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves and ovens.
• Minor plumbing and carpentry.
• Flooring repair and upkeep.
• Shifting furniture or equipment.
• Assembling furniture or equipment.
• Reseal bathrooms and kitchens.
• Detect and report the need for minor and major maintenance repairs.
• Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks.
• Regularly check communal spaces to identify issues.
• Clearing gutters alongside other members of the team.
• Roof repairs alongside other members of the team.
• Small scale window repairs and replacement alongside other members of the team.
• Respond to clients’ maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide clients’ with support and guidance on maintaining their equipment.
• Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks of company premises.
• Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
• Rewiring, changing fuses, junction boxes etc. Not essential.
• Changing filters on Ventilation systems. Not essential.
• Maintaining property exterior through the different seasons.
• Conducting inspections of premises and equipment as and when requested.
• Performing preventative maintenance.
• Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
• Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
• Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
• Maintain, service, clean and properly store equipment.
• Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm).
• Inspect and repair all damages to building surfaces.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
• Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems.
• Perform other related duties and activities as required.
• Report any issues back to your manager/s.
Salary: £25,000 PA
For more information about joining our team
We welcome speculative applications so if you don't see anything suitable listed here - or if we don't have any current opportunities - please do feel free to contact us directly, enclosing a copy of your CV and details of the role you are interested in.